Would you or your children know what to do in case your home is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Unfortunately, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why making an emergency family plan now is so important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and created to allow you to enter personal information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other necessities in case of emergency. The staff at Paul Davis recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will better prepare you and your family in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our community. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form